Wednesday, January 5, 2011

le french [dutch] oven


My dutch oven is actually a ‘French Oven’, according to Le Creuset. But since everyone else calls it a dutch oven, that is what I will call it in this blog. My dutch oven is a Le Creuset 5 ½ quart masterpiece in Cherry. Acclaimed for their performance, Le Creuset cookware is also a thing of beauty.

According to Le Creuset, “The cast iron provides superb heat retention and distribution, and the enamel is hard-wearing and non-reactive, making the number of recipes that you can do in this pot endless: anything from savory rice to braised chicken to mouth-watering cake. Your imagination is the only limit!”

I had the fine fortune this year of not only acquiring this beautiful piece of cookware, but also these wonderful cookbooks: Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution, and Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking. With these tools I hope to cook delicious food. Bon Appétit!

1 comment: